Family counselling centre
The wellbeing services county of Southwest Finland will organise social and health services as of 1 January 2023. The services and receptions offered to the residents of Salo will remain unchanged, but the content of these pages will no longer be updated. The most recent information can be found at varha.fi/en.
Our services are intended for Salo residents aged 0–16 and their families, as well as for expecting parents. You can become a customer by calling the centre during the service hours, by sending an electronic contact request (in Finnish), or with a referral. All visits are confidential and free of charges. If necessary, we will arrange interpretation services for your appointment.
When should you contact the family counselling centre?
- You need support with coping as a parent and raising your child.
- You are pregnant and have concerns about becoming a parent or how older siblings will take to the baby.
- Life with the baby feels overwhelming.
- Your child has problems at home, in day-care, at school, or with their friends.
- You are concerned about your child’s behaviour, ability to cope socially, or emotional development.
- There are conflicts between family members.
- Changes have occurred in the situation or relationships within your family, or you have encountered losses.
- You want to discuss a divorce or parenthood after the divorce.
- Relationships between stepfamily members are troubling you.
Contact us if you have any concerns regarding a child, the situation in your family, or parenting in general!
Appointments and helpline
The helpline and booking service is intended for Salo-based parents with children aged 0–16, for expecting parents, and for our partners. During the helpline service hours, you can talk to a psychologist or a social worker. If you do not want to book an appointment, you can talk to the professionals anonymously.