Family counselling centre
Our services are intended for Salo residents aged 0–16 and their families, as well as for expecting parents. You can become a customer by calling the centre during the service hours, by sending an electronic contact request (in Finnish), or with a referral. All visits are confidential and free of charges. If necessary, we will arrange interpretation services for your appointment.
When should you contact the family counselling centre?
- You need support with coping as a parent and raising your child.
- You are pregnant and have concerns about becoming a parent or how older siblings will take to the baby.
- Life with the baby feels overwhelming.
- Your child has problems at home, in day-care, at school, or with their friends.
- You are concerned about your child’s behaviour, ability to cope socially, or emotional development.
- There are conflicts between family members.
- Changes have occurred in the situation or relationships within your family, or you have encountered losses.
- You want to discuss a divorce or parenthood after the divorce.
- Relationships between stepfamily members are troubling you.
Contact us if you have any concerns regarding a child, the situation in your family, or parenting in general!
Appointments and helpline
The helpline and booking service is intended for Salo-based parents with children aged 0–16, for expecting parents, and for our partners. During the helpline service hours, you can talk to a psychologist or a social worker. If you do not want to book an appointment, you can talk to the professionals anonymously.