Skip to content

Permits and notifications

Contact the environmental health services if you are planning to initiate any of the activities listed below:

  • Setting up a food business

For more information on setting up a food business, see

  • Manufacturing and sales of food contact materials

Food contact materials include, among others, food packaging, disposable containers, surfaces and equipment that come into contact with food, and protective gloves.

  • Commencement of activities covered by the Health Protection Act

The Health Protection Act is applied to facilities such as day-care centres, nursing homes, sports facilities, housing units, and beauty salons.

  •  Retail sale of tobacco, nicotine liquids and other nicotine-containing products

To sell tobacco products, nicotine liquids, or other nicotine-containing products, you must apply for a marketing authorisation with the environmental health services.